Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Liv(eable)ing Room

I ran out to K-mart today, determined to upgrade my living room. I came home with two cool new chairs, which are both much higher off the ground than my big leather one (not to mention better for my posture), for $50 each. I also got two matching rugs so poor Sabrino has something that provides traction when he runs around the apartment like a maniac (the laminate floor clatters with the scrabbling of his claws). Another bonus: the chairs are perfect for playing guitar, so I don't have to make a special effort to drag in another chair, or practice solely in my bedroom.

I also dusted and vacuumed the entire room, moved the 2nd of my two big bookcases to the window area, and slid the big leather chair in between them, for a mini-library that is sunlit. This really opens up the main part of the room, though it will take a bit of time to get used to not having the deep shelves and top surface for my drawing implements & beverages. But I am nothing if not adaptable!

No comments:

Post a Comment